Our little boy is becoming a big fat liar. I mean you can ask him any question and he'll say yes. He's said "yes" when Tom's asked him such questions as, "Did you see aliens at Paula's house today?" "Did you fight the aliens off with a ray gun?" that sort of thing. So we have fun with that and make him agree to funny things because we're messed up parents. That kind of thing is cute.
But he's actually taken to creating his own stories now. Many know that if you ask Tommy how his day was and what he did at Paula's the conversation goes like this... EVERYDAY!
Us: Tommy what did you do today at Paula's?
Tommy: Played Legos!
Us: Who did you play legos with? (he doesn't respond when I say "With whom did you play legos?")
Tommy: Ella!
Us: What did you build with the legos?
Tommy: I build big house!
So that's cute, but I doubt he does that every single day, you know?
Well his latest charade is the most egregious. For the last 2 weeks he's told us that he's had "Chicken Soup" for lunch at Paula's. Now, Paula does in fact make homemade chicken soup for the kids but to my knowledge Tommy had never eaten it. After a few days of his Chicken Soup for Lunch bit, I asked Paula if he'd finally tried her soup. You should have seen the look on her face as she said "NO!" Hilarious. Poor thing, she tries so hard to get him to eat and then still makes him something special for lunch. I don't think I could convince the woman to let him go hungry as they suggest for combating picky eaters. She'd never do it! So he lies to us everyday about what he has for lunch. Paula says he's still eating the same things as he was in September when we had to make a list for her of what he'd eat:
Peanut Butter Sandwich
Cheese Sandwich
Hot Dog
Chicken Nuggets (hey, they're breaded in whole grain! - thank you Costco)
Mac n Cheese
Those are, of course, the same things we feed him for dinner with the addition of pasta. Tommy's salvation seems to be that he loves fruit (though perhaps not as much as Clara). His diet seems to be working for the time being. We do grind up food still sometimes and hide it in grilled cheese. I feel like such a hypocrite!
Now we just have to get the fibbing under control. Note to babysitters, don't believe a word the kid says! He's crafty.
5 comments:
I should have known he was pulling my leg with the big house story. My experience in playing legos with Tommy is Tommy dumps them out. We pick them up and do it again.
Too funny!
Ha, I am still cracking up over the with whom comment. Hee!
We are in the same place with Nikos except that I think they can actually get him to eat more at daycare than we can at home. We go through eggs like they are going out of style and he is still big into cheese, yogurt and mac-n-cheese and he loves fruit as well. I need to try the hiding of the veggies in stuff!
Tommy's menu sure sounds a lot like someone else we knew 30 years ago. Right, Chef Jeff? (Never give up hope.)
"Grapes? More grapes?"
-Thomas Arthur Galvin
Tommy types the same way I do, only faster. - - Papa
Post a Comment