Friday, September 12, 2008

Home sick

Well Tommy has enjoyed 4 days home from daycare this week thanks to a nasty virus. I've spared us all photographic evidence of the runny nose (putting it politely) and the grumpy feverish boy. I'll also spare pictures of the sleep-deprived parents. I stayed home Tuesday, Aunt Maureen saved us Wednesday morning so we could both go to work. Tom stayed home Wednesday morning and went in around midday thinking all was well and his fever was gone. Tommy, loving to prove us wrong, rode that fever back up and in we went to the doctor. I was expecting an ear infection but nothing. Just a nasty virus says the doc, and contagious too so no daycare today. Fortunately, Paula says none of the other kids were out this week so Tommy didn't contaminate them when I sent him coughing and runny nosed on Monday! We hope that today and this weekend does the trick. It's not fun for either of us to have to set up work for a sub - sad that going to work is easier than staying home and doing nothing!

Hopefully Tommy will be well enough to join us at the exclusive Teacher Preview at the new Academy of Sciences tomorrow. He's very into "peng-gins" right now. We'll take pictures of that!

Lucky me, I get to proctor the dance at school tonight. This will likely entail walking around the dark sweaty Commons with a flashlight reminding children to "leave room for the Holy Spirit" (I'll do it!) and to refrain from dancing past a 45 degree angle. Now where is my protractor? I promise NO pictures of that!

No comments: