Thursday, July 21, 2011

3rd Generation Twinkle Toes

Last Saturday, Miss Lucy started her dance career and her mommy bought something pink! (first and last time) Since there's only one acceptable time for the wearing of pink in his house, that means Lucy went to ballet class! It was a trial class at Tutu School. Shockingly (ha!), nearly every girl in the class was wearing exactly the same outfit! I was very conflicted, wishing I'd opted for some sassy legwarmers or something but there's time! If we hadn't gone traditional (hair is pulled back as far as it will go) I wouldn't have these awesome pictures to show when she's a contestant on Season 27 of So You Think You Can Dance.




Obviously it was a parent participation class, but I tried not to give away my secret identity as a dance teacher. So what better to disguise myself than a Wildcat Baseball Alumni shirt?

She had a good time at class, but we won't go back again for a few more months. She liked watching everyone dance around, but wasn't ready to be put on the spot and asked what color she liked. Good news was: there were no tears, I don't think she was scarred by me trying too early, and she really liked her pretty dress and shoes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Sing out, Louise!" (Welcome to the club, Meredith...)

Romios Family said...

I just took Olive to her first trial class! Not sure if I am going to sign up or not ($$) but she did seem to have fun!