Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Holiday Program

Tommy's school had a holiday visit from Santa followed by a musical performance. Lucy, Grandma, Nana, and I were there to see his song and dance debut.

There was a little behind the scenes drama with Tommy's gift from Santa. In looking at the pile of toys, I noticed the bag I'd brought in 2 weeks ago was missing. It seems Santa left Tommy's gift in the office of the old school. So Santa's helpers (me and a teacher) rustled up a new toy they had in the staff room and dropped it in a gift bag before all the other kids' gifts were handed out. He had no idea and loves his new dalmatian. They even threw in a gift for Lucy too who once again braved an encounter with Santa. No tears this time, but we let her keep her distance.


Here's the video of the three songs they sang. The last video is of Tommy and another girl wishing everyone happy holidays. I didn't know he had a "featured role" in the performance. Let's just say, I was beaming! Nana told Tommy outright that he was the best.

"Up on the Housetop"


"Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer"


"Jingle Bells"




After the performance (which included an encore... of all three songs!), we needed some food. So off the five of us went to brunch at Blvd Cafe.


1 comment:

Sara said...

Go Tommy! Love his "featured performance"!