Mom and I had one of those funny "how the heck did we get here?" moments yesterday as we took Tommy and Lucy to the Randall Museum to see the Young People's Teen Musical Theatre Company perform "Once Upon a Mattress." This was crazy because I was in the Company for 5 years and have been back to direct and choreograph for them since but also because I played the lead role in this same show in the same theatre in 1994. They had a kid matinee where they had crafts and fun beforehand (though they called it the Kids Kocoa, Kookies, Krafting and Koronation which violates my personal rule of alliteration - do not sacrifice spelling for the sake of alliteration, especially in this case when only one word should have actually started with K. But I digress...)
Tommy took a minute to warm up to the kids walking around in costume but eventually he helped me make crowns for him and for Lucy. You all know I'm not into the princess thing, but the princess in this show is a very Meredith kind of princess so it was allowed for this occasion. So here's an adorable Lucy in her crown and a super cute Tommy in his, with the balloon T-Rex that the balloon animal guy made for him. Lucy slept through Act I and Tommy slept through Act II so that worked out for Grandma and I. We had a great time!




No comments:
Post a Comment