Tommy's gymnastics class had a performance today. He's been in this class for five months and has grown so much. First of all, he can now reach the water fountain! Seriously though he loves gymnastics and is eager to go every week.
The theme was "Day in the Bay" and everything had a San Francisco theme. He started off enthusiastic today but then they set everybody up facing this row of seats (which are not usually there) and started playing music (which was louder than usual). All this variance from the usual routine was a bit overwhelming for poor Tommy and his face grew very serious and a little pale. Then the bottom lip started to protrude and he looked around anxiously. And then the tears started! (so sad, but I'm also so bummed I hadn't started the camera yet as it was adorably sweet) He ran over to Nana and me and we convinced him that this was just his regular class and he didn't have to worry. He resumed his position and as you'll see on the video, just takes a minute or so to get going! He did a great job throughout the class and received his certificate and medal at the end!
This video is 9+ minutes long and shows his portion of the class' show. I know some of you wanted to be there but couldn't so I give you the whole thing. If you're unable to commit 9+ minutes, jump to 5:20 to see his turn on the obstacle course.
To view the video in a larger window click here
Tommy is switching to a Saturday class next week since he's also starting preschool NEXT WEEK!
1 comment:
Congratulations, Tommy. I enjoyed watching your performance. You have learned many new skills. It looks like you're working hard AND having fun at the same time. I can't wait to come to one of your classes. Tell Mommy to save me a seat!
Post a Comment