Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sunset at Funston and other updates

Well the times they are a changin', at least the clocks are, and the crunch to get home, get the dogs out, and get everybody home before sunset is getting harder and harder. Not for me of course, as I can't get the dogs out. But for poor Tom it was rough the week of my show. Tommy was a good sport, came along to the park, and Tom got some gorgeous photos.



On Halloween, he came home with this from day care. Why would she give them that? I think she's mad at us since he only has a couple more weeks at daycare! Fortunately, Tom successfully stalled Tommy from eating it that day and subsequent days and now he seems to have forgotten it existed. Nobody show him this picture... (Uncle "Lollipop" Tim, I'm looking at you)

And finally, indicative of the times in which we live, Tommy had a fever a month ago and I brought him into the pediatrician immediately. They wanted him to wear this in the office! So sad. Of course, he was burning up and fussy and there was no way he was wearing this then. Tom got him to play with it a couple of days later and snapped this picture. He was fine that weekend, probably just a regular old flu, but it was surreal being at the doctor's office and all the doctors and nurses were wearing masks around my kid!

In the required prenatal update here, I have 3 more days at work! This early leave was unexpected. I'm 35 weeks right now and doing fine, baby is great, etc. BUT physically I can't dance anymore so I'm a pretty useless dance teacher at the moment. My hips are in agony so my doctor suggested "your ligaments are telling you something" and cut me off at 36 weeks. One of my former students is coming into teach for the last month of the semester. So I'll be idle as of Monday and Tommy will still be at daycare through Thanksgiving. So I guess that "to do" list will get tackled, and the season of "Glee" I have saved up on DVR will finally get watched. Any other suggestions that don't require much physical activity? My students have suggested I get a Rascal scooter!

2 comments:

Shawna said...

Enjoy your time off! I can't believe you only have a few more weeks. Can't wait to meet Galvin baby #2!!

Mike said...

Those pictures are great! Did he hypnotize himself with that candy?