Tommy, Nana and Aunt Barbara went to the playground last Sunday. I was meeting them at Nana's house about 1 pm and Barb and I were going to build the wagon while Tommy napped. My mom and Barb were attempting to tire Tommy out before nap time.
They got home from the playground and it was off to naptime. Tommy was not at all pleased with this turn of events. Nana got him up after at least 5 minutes of crying. Tommy had a peanut butter sandwich and it was time for the second attemt at a nap. Barb and I were trying not to laugh at the cries of "I don't need a nap". Nana took Tommy back to the Pak n Play and a few minutes later we heard my mom say "that's it!" Tommy had finally figured out how to bust out of the Pak n Play and would have for sure hit his head if Mom hadn't caught him.
So as a last resort, Nana and Tommy napped together in Nana's bed. Barb and I think it was a scheme all along for my Mom to get a power nap in. Tommy was giggling and having a great time "napping" with Nana. And five minutes later - he was asleep. Maybe he needed a nap after all? He was out for about 2 hours and didn't even stir when we were making noise putting the wagon together.

1 comment:
I still can't believe we made it 2 1/2 years before he tried to climb out of any crib or pack n play. We got lucky with this kid. Now it looks like it will have to be Nana's bed or nothing else at Nana's house. Since we know the Thomas sofa/bed is a jungle gym, not a sleeping device.
Post a Comment