Friday, October 31, 2008

Funny Comment

There was a post on The Poop (link to the right) about whether stealing your kid's Halloween candy was, well, stealing. This was one of the comments and I really thought it was insightful:

Think of your family as a small business in which you are the President/CEO. Your children are the employees. You provide your employees with a salary and healthcare (i.e food, clothing and band-aids). Your employees represent the business and sell the product (their cuteness in the Halloween costume). As the CEO you are entitled to a majority of the revenue (candy), ideally to re-invest (ingest) in the business. As in any business, the employee receives a commission. As CEO, it is your responsibility to determine that amount.

Another commenter said she was continuing the Halloween circle of life... my parents stole my candy, I will steal my kids' candy, they will steal their kids' candy. Sounds about right. Which is why I tried to bite the ears of Tommy's Easter Bunny... but my attempts were thwarted! Hmmmm....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and the way I remember it, that tradition didn't start until you were old enough to buy your own bunnies.