Thursday, July 10, 2008

Going green

We're giving cloth diapers a try. I've wanted to try them for a while but didn't know where to start. Believe it or not, grandmas, it's not as simple as it used to be. I settled on the bumGenius 3.0 (seriously, that's the name). They go on just like disposables with velcro and elastic but they can be washed and reworn. We'll see how it goes. I've got about a day's worth right now and we'll try those for a while before investing in a whole set. As you can see, they're hanging on our clothesline to dry. Cloth diapers and a clothesline... what year is this? We used them all day today. That's 8 less diapers in the trash. Hopefully our little experiment will be a success in the long run. Here's his "fuzzy bum" in his cloth diaper.

4 comments:

Sara said...

Wow, you guys are brave!

And a clothesline to boot??

Unknown said...

They look comfortable.
Carry on, Earth Mother.

Anonymous said...

I should mention, we don't have a gas hookup in our garage yet. So we don't have a working dryer. So the clothesline is the only option not me being THAT earthy. But for not it's a twofer

Romios Family said...

I am curious about how this little experiment will work out and anxiously await the updates on how much money you are saving as well.