Friday, October 7, 2011

First Haircut!

Lucy had her first haircut this afternoon.  Her bangs were spending a lot of times in her eyes and while her curly hair in the back was looking cute, her straight hair in the front was looking unkempt.  So her first haircut (a glorified trim of the bangs) was in order.  Off to Snippity Crickets!  I'm grateful I resisted the "I can totally trim her bangs myself" urge that has struck so many of my peers.  I'm sure my time will come for that, but for the first cut I am glad I let the pros do it.  Lucy again proved to be super easy going.  Whereas Tommy was squirmy, crying, and splotchy during his first haircut (and ended up eating a hair covered lollipop just so we could get the thing done), Lucy sat still, played with the toy, and even wore the cape and allowed the clip they gifted her with at the end.  It was a very successful trip and I'm glad we got the bangs off the face and some of that wispy baby hair off the head.











I tried to be very clear up front that I did not want straight bangs across the forehead.  The lady cutting her hair said that bangs off to the side were SO fashionable these days!
  They are brushed way off to the side in the above pic.  They are not that short grandmas!  They did get layered a little, though!  It looks great.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Um, what is wrong with bangs straight across the forehead??? J/k I love lucy's new 'do!

Anonymous said...

Lucy's wispy bangs were part of her baby charm. Holding onto them was just a futile attempt to stop time until we were better prepared. The Grandmas