Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Zany to the Max

Tommy has taken to watching our Animaniacs DVDs lately and is loving it! Of course in classic Looney Toons style he gets none of the actual jokes or allusions and just giggles at the silliness. We are enjoying watching the giggling and actually getting many of the jokes and allusions now. It also made me realize that kids don't watch simply silly cartoons anymore. What a bummer.

So in Tommy style he has memorized the elaborate theme song in just about two weeks. If you don't know the theme song you can listen here.

And here is Tommy's version. (I know it just seems to reinforce the idea that we should turn off the tv and let him run around outside, but he was particularly giddy about recording it. I promise, we're going outside in a couple of minutes!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandpa and I loved your rendition of Animaniacs...particularly the way you finished with such a flourish! I am not familiar with Animaniacs and wonder what I was doing while my children were watching. --Most likely LAUNDRY!!!

Meredith said...

I used to watch in your classroom after school at SG