
Only recently did the curls really sprout. Not all over curls, of course, but spastic giant curls around the crown of his head only. A weird combo of straight and curly hair. We've tried to ride it out, to see if the whole thing goes curly or what. But he's starting to look a little silly. I finally tried out some different "styles" today. Unfortunately, when wet, his hair looks thin, stringy, and like he's got really bad plugs and a comb-over (no offense to anyone who may have rocked a comb-over for several decades...)
Here's what we tried... he was moderately patient and rewarded with an oreo (or the trader joe's knock off oreos) This is the wet look.
"The Caesar" or "Daddy's 'Do" which is probably what his hair has grown most naturally toward.
Hmmm....
4 comments:
I am pretty clueless when it comes to boy haircuts, but I think anything would look cute! He's probably the most popular kid at his school anyway, so he doesn't need to worry about bullying :)
As a former tribe member of the musical "Hair", I give Two Peace Signs up for the blog title. Did you have to google the lyrics, or did you know them? Many a rehearsal went by where I mumbled my way through the hair types:
"I want it...yada yada yada yada snaggy, yada yada yada..."
As a former tribe member of of the side part club (with the pictures and emotional scars to prove it), I give two bullied thumbs down for that option.
Are there "dry" hairstyle options?
He looks happiest with the fauxhawk.
And just think of all the agony you've been spared from not having to take him to the barber!
Aunt Jen
Greg - I googled the lyrics, of course. One of my first memories of you and Jeff is that I could tell you apart because your hair went forward and Jeff's was spiked up. So I guess I missed the side part days.
Jen - the faux-hawk was the first picture taken before the novelty wore off. They are actually pictured in reverse order of being taken.
Post a Comment