
OK, you've been warned. This is about poop.
So we are not actively potty training at all! Excuse me, I believe the term is supposed to be Potty LEARNING now. Anyway... we're not doing it. We have a small "potty" that sits in the bathroom and Tommy likes sitting on it clothed while we're in the bathroom. Well, lately he's started asking for a clean diaper very quickly after pooping... he clearly doesn't enjoy being dirty. So yesterday he does this and I go to change him and see that he hasn't even actually pooped yet. I'll leave the details there.
I asked him if he wanted to go sit on the potty or poop in his diaper and he said potty so away we went. This transition distracted him from the task at hand so we spent several minutes in the bathroom singing the ABC song. Finally when he was ready to roll, I gently sat him down and... ta da! Pooped in the potty.
When he stood up and looked in he looked a little freaked out (understandably so). I cheered (but tried not to startle him!) He looked at it and immediately said:
"I pooped a lion!"
" A lion?" I asked.
"I pooped a lion!" he repeats.
I decided to roll with it... whatever works! Now we are still not actively potty training but he's currently obsessed with sitting on it. So I'm not going to argue. It was a big day and he left us with another great Tommy catch phrase for the ages.
(the above photo is a dramatic recreation... I did NOT photograph the poop)
Next thing you know, he'll be wanting one of these!
4 comments:
roar.
go Tommy!!
i'm glad you didn't pull a "Jon and Kate Plus 8" and take a picture of your child next to his first poop in the pottty.
What do you think, Greg? It's been a week. Time to send this old news to its watery grave?
Post a Comment