Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Random Cute Pics and updates

It's been a while since we've had a Tommy update. Been trying to keep you up to date on his new tricks, etc through videos. The dance concert is over, so that is one less thing to do. Of course, the musical is up and rehearsing now so I've got rehearsal 4 days a week after school. Tom's been doing pick ups, dog outings, and dinner. Now he starts his musical next week so things are going to get fun for a little while! And by fun, I mean hectic and not at all fun. Fortunately, we've got a lot of volunteers for help. Tommy has also come to a few rehearsals at SI so far and is in love with a couple of the students. The boys playing Charlie Brown have really taken to him and he asks for Sam or Will at home. He expects the high school girls to go ga-ga over him but he really loves it when the boys take an interest in him. He'll follow them, do whatever they're doing, it's great! Sam is a senior football player with an opera singer's voice who may be going to the Naval Academy... picture him singing around the piano with Tommy on his shoulders. It's awesome and a big help from my perspective! Just a couple more months...!

Other than that, things are pretty normal for Tommy. Nothing tremendously new or exciting to report. His vocabulary continues to expand. Now that we've made it through several cousin birthdays in the last months, we're starting to explain to him that his birthday is next and that he's going to be two. So far, the advanced motor skill of holding up two fingers on the same hand (with the thumb holding down the ring finger) seems to be a bit much... short fingers, you know. But he holds up the index fingers on both hands and knows that's 2 fingers so he makes it work. It's so funny as he grows up and we get to be more "seasoned". For the first time, I have to think about how many months old he is, I have no idea what he weighs, etc.

We had dead camera batteries for a while... too long actually... so we've been lacking some pictures. Here are a few recent smiley ones and a sleepy one.

Sunset above the Sutro Baths on MLK Day



3 comments:

Aunt Jen said...

I'm so glad the sharks cap fits him.

And you know to call me if you ever need help. For you - I'd arrange toleave work early ;)

He's just so cute.

Cheers.

Sara said...

Love the sunset photo! I need a copy of that one!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sleepy boy!