Tuesday, December 30, 2008

You're a Good Boy, Tommy Galvin

Aunt Jen joined us for a road trip to Santa Rosa to visit the Charles Schulz (Peanuts) Museum. I've never been and wanted to do a little research for the show. Above is us posing with Charlie Brown's Christmas Tree. I think this was my favorite thing!



We ate lunch at the Warm Puppy Cafe next to the Ice Rink but we didn't end up skating. I hadn't been to this rink since I went in 5th grade to watch Amy compete.




This bench outside the cafe has a live webcam on it. So we called Aunt Barbara and she brought up the page and could see Tommy.



Then we went over to the museum. When we approached we were horrified to see a sign that said "Closed Tuesdays." We'd all looked at the website... it didn't say that anywhere. We drove all the way up and it was going to be closed?!? FORTUNATELY, they changed the schedule because of the holiday this week and they were gloriously open! Here are some pictures from outside the museum. You can't take pics inside :( Inside they have many collection of strips, many originals, with various themes. They are a small museum so I think they rotate collections often. In addition, in and around the museum there are tons of sculptures by other artists inspired by the Peanuts characters. Remember when San Francisco did the thing with the heart sculptures they had different artists decorate? St. Paul, Minn. has done that several times with Snoopys, Charlie Browns, etc. So there are a few of those scattered around.
We met this painted Snoopy in May at the Giants Game.


There's Even a Kite-Eating Tree



We had a great time and didn't spend that much money in the gift shop! It looked dangerous walking in there! I'm sure we'll go back again - we want to hit that ice rink!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun trip! Too many cute things to comment on. Love the kite tree and the hockey guys and the webcam bench! I hope I can come next time!

Anonymous said...

and Charlie Brown's Christmas Tree, of course!