Last night Tommy, Gma C and I drove down to Gilroy to visit Eda. Tim had been down Tuesday, Jeff and Marco Thursday morning, and Mike will be up tomorrow. All the other grandchildren and great-grandchildren have been by or will be there by Saturday. All of her children will be there by this afternoon. I can think of nothing she would like more.
We stayed a long, leisurely evening hanging out, praying, telling stories, making pasta (well, Brian made pasta). It was wonderful. We'll be back down tomorrow with everybody in tow!
Please keep Eda in your thoughts and prayers as she makes this transition. The hospice people call it "the event"... isn't that awesome! Today is the Feast of the Presentation of Mary and I read this great quote online that I wanted to share here because it totally reminded me of Eda.
From the beginning of [Mary's] life, she was dedicated to God. She herself became a greater temple than any made by hands. God came to dwell in her in a marvelous manner and sanctified her for her unique role in God's saving work. At the same time, the magnificence of Mary redounds upon her children. They, too, are temples of God and sanctified in order that they might enjoy and share in God's saving work.
As Tommy said last night as he blew her a kiss... "I Love you Nonna!"
2 comments:
Lovely, Meredith. Thank you.
Sending love, thoughts, and prayers to you and your family.
"The living was the prize,
The ending's not the story."
You've been here for me for so much...please let me know if there is anything I can do.
Post a Comment