Monday, June 16, 2008

Not surprising really...

I guess I need to step it up a bit to keep up with Sara
blog readability test

but perhaps we earned our junior high reading level due to the number of pictures on our blog. Everyone likes a book with pictures (everyone in junior high at least)

Well I started teaching summer school today and am teaching Junior High Grammar/English so expect things to class up a little bit here. There was a typo on my course description so we learned our first vocabulary word: Irony. Off to a fabulous start, Ms. Galvin.

Here's pics of yesterday's Giants game. Slummin' it in the bleachers.

Happy Father's Day!
Tommy meets his future arch-nemesis: the "You must be this tall to ride..." sign. Welcome to the world, kid. We didn't want to ride your product placement slide anyway Coke/Giants...

Thanks for the tickets, Aunt Jen, and for the 4-inning nap Tommy took on you. How's your back?Please don't tell me if there are any spelling/grammar errors today, I can't handle it. Besides, Tom tells me anyway and I go in and edit it and hope you didn't notice. (This is so stressful!)



9 comments:

Sarah said...

Today's Blog Enjoyment Level: College Chortles. Witty, ironical and downright fun.

Aunt Jen said...

No worries about the grammar or my back. It's such a treat to hang out with Tommy and his parents. One of these days Tommy will get to a game when the Giants remember how to play baseball!

Thanks again to Tom for the roadside rescue!

Sara said...

I love Tom and Tommy in their baseball caps! But really, Tommy wasn't even TRYING to get on that Coke bottle ride. If he stood up straight, I'm sure he'd be at least 48 inches tall.

I'm a junior high reader at heart, and forgive any and all typos (if I notice them at all).

Romios Family said...

The arch-nemesis pic is killing me. Hysterical.

Anonymous said...

"Please don't tell me if there are any spelling/grammar errors today, I can't handle it."

That is a beautiful example of a comma splice. However, I believe that you would desire to leave a semi-colon following "today," as you are joining to independent clauses.

I can't pirouette, but I can critique language with the best of them!

Anonymous said...

ooh, we've got a Stanford guy commenting now... that'll class up the joint. Oh wait, he's in the band. Oh wait, are they still banned?

Anonymous said...

Those height requirement signs will forever haunt me...

Jenn Poret :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jenn P... always putting things into "perspective"

you rock, can't wait for Tommy to meet you!!

Anonymous said...

It's now Monday June 23...

I guess you don't update more when you're working...