Monday, June 9, 2008

Johnny! (minimal Tommy content)

Thanks to all for the cards, movies, dinner, brunch, and gifts for my bday. It was a very nice weekend.

Not to much to report on Tommy. His walking is getting better and he's using it more often but he still likes to speed around crawling. Everything is moving forward nicely on the house and should sign sometime next week, I think.

One for the Cecchins here... look what Tom got me for my birthday. An important family tradition will live on for another generation.


oh yeah... on DVD (much fancier than the taped off TV version we watched a hundred times). And yes, we already watched it and it was delightful. Tommy was asleep so he hasn't had the pleasure yet but Tom did enjoy (I think) his first viewing. Haven't heard him whistling the "Liberty Tree" song yet so he might need to watch it again. And yes, you will now be whistling the "Liberty Tree" song yourself today! Enjoy!

Next on the wish list: Brat Patrol, Pete's Dragon, The Shaggy Dog & The Incredible Journey (original versions of course)

**Ok after I typed this I looked up Brat Patrol on YouTube... it's all there! Who keeps a video since the early 80s, then converts it to digital and then uploads it to YouTube? Whoever you are, bless you. Thanks for letting this poor-man's Goonies see the light again. Apparently, Sean Astin was even in it, which I didn't know at the time. ***

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's a tall old tree and a strong old tree...

i can thank your father for showing me that film in AP US History.

can't wait to celebrate our birthdays soon.

Jeff said...

His hand came back remarkably well from that surgery.

BRAT Patrol rules! Best chaotic pool scene since Caddy Shack.

No more secrets.

Sarah said...

JOHNNY! (dork by osmosis.) When do you move?

Unknown said...

Since we touch upon the D of I (not so much the DUI) in 3rd grade, I am introducing my students to Johnny also. (They at least have to know the song!)
So the next generation will get it from me AND from Art.
Of course, I always wished his name was Bill instead of Johnny...................BLT.