Sunday, June 9, 2013

First Week of Vacation

Lucy and I kept ourselves busy this first week of our vacation.  The boys still had a couple of days (weeks for Tommy) of school left, so we kept busy around town.

First, Tommy's team had their last practice and we had a Moms vs Kids baseball game.  Turns out I'm totally a jock - which means, I never struck out and didn't completely embarrass myself on the field.

Surprise!  This was an unnecessary slide






On Tuesday, we went to the zoo to visit Auntie Amy and see some zoo babies.  There was a baby baboon and these are the baby goats.

And of course, the giraffes must be fed.


I'm always sympathetic to the shorter and older giraffes who get pushed out of the way by the big boys while we're feeding.

On Wednesday, we met Grandma at Great America for a girls trip.





Thursday was a little more tame - gymnastics and a nap at Nana's

On Friday, we all had a financial meeting at SI so Grandma entertained Lucy in the halls as she played "Find the Wildcat" in the mural.


This may have to be her SI application photo:

Last night, the kid attempted a sleepover/campout in Lucy's room but didn't quite make it when Tommy got distracted by something wiggling...


... and Lucy was not interested in the idea of the Tooth Fairy visiting her room!

No comments: