It's actually been a pretty slow month (and a half) since last update. Slow, at least, in the sense that I was so busy with work that I don't know what my kids were up to, and I didn't take many pictures. Apparently, I appeared in zero pictures.
So here is a very random collection of bits and pieces of the kids from January and early February (maybe even some late December... apparently I skipped some of Christmas here)
Molly and Lucy bond over Calico Critters at Grandma's house
Older cousins "bond" over TV. Joey was not sure why Tommy was choosing to watch Sofia the First instead of playing with him.
Target practice with Daddy
See, Trader Joe... this is what she does when you give her a lot of stickers!
She likes to take self-portraits.
In 2012, Tommy read every single book in the Magic Treehouse series. It was about a week and a half per book on average. Since then, we haven't really got into a good groove reading any book or series regularly. We're slowly working our way through The Phantom Tollbooth, but he's also been into non-fiction lately enjoying Great Giants Stories Every Young Fan Should Know and some big book of dinosaurs. But 2012 would be the year we travelled back in time in a magic treehouse.
Her hair is getting longer. So I tried french braids. It's still really thin and slippery so they didn't last.
Lucy makes tea for Nana
Cali is getting lumpy and old and more and more grey. Apparently all that also leads to Cali becoming a food thief. She will gear up those old legs to climb on our dining room chairs and eat any food left on the table. She and those tiny front teeth managed to open up about 20 Hershey Kisses after Christmas. Thankfully she was ok afterwards, but I'm still not sure how she unwrapped them all.
Bowling with Daddy
Some artwork and writing from Tommy
Self Portrait
This writing assignment had me cracking up. His vision of the (very near) future is hilarious.
"In 100 years, I think the world will be different in many ways. First, there will be new boats. Next, cars won't have doors. Last, the sun will explode. I am excited for the future!" (the illustration is the sun exploding and a body in many pieces from the blast. Glad he's excited for the future!)
Lucy and Jessie, Grandma's friend and old prayer partner from St. Gabes. (Greg, enjoy having "Lucy and Jessie" in your head now...)
We are working on having her smile throughout dance class, since she can't smile with her tongue sticking out.
Yesterday morning. She is OBSESSED with her uniform jumper that we just got. Tommy got to wear red for Chinese New Year. So we took a cute picture.
Will do some videos later.
































No comments:
Post a Comment