When I picked Tommy up from school today, the principal proudly told me that Tommy raised his hand at the morning assembly to recite the quote of the month in front of the whole school. Each month the school has a virtue of the month and a quote which accompanies it. This month's virtue is altruism. They repeat the quote a lot and work it into their ethics class. So when we got home, I asked Tommy to recite the quote:
"
Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness." - MLK, Jr.
I was floored! So proud of him. And so cute! That's a pretty intense quote! Of course, I asked him if he knew what it meant and that was a little sketchier. But I think he got the basic idea of thinking about others...
This school thing is so much fun!
1 comment:
Way to go, Tommy!
Post a Comment