While in Portland, we enjoyed spending time with Barbara and Tony, as well as their cats Magic and Gremlin. We experienced Portland at its rainy best and thus spent the weekend indoors. We went to the Portland Children's Museum (hooray for my Bay Area Discovery Museum reciprocal membership, which got the 6 of us in for free! Saving $50!) and the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (thanks to Barbara's friend "Other Barbara" who had a family pass, also getting us in free and saving a LOT of money).
These pictures are all mixed up, but show the great times we had playing, reading, learning, snuggling, eating, and laughing!
Family picture at the Portland Children's Museum

Lucy, Uncle Tony, and Aunt Barbara
(Eagles vs Niners in the background)
(Eagles vs Niners in the background)

Astronaut Tommy at OMSI

Playing games in our jammies


At the water area at OMSI, they not only provide smocks for the kids...
they provide Crocs in various sizes and colors!
they provide Crocs in various sizes and colors!

Tommy teaches us about the brain at OMSI

Lunch at the Black Bear Diner in Shasta
(Tom and I enjoyed remembering a lunch we had here with Eda and Joanne in 2003!)
(Tom and I enjoyed remembering a lunch we had here with Eda and Joanne in 2003!)

Someone went shopping and didn't have to pay sales tax!
Can you guess what's inside that rectangle-shaped box?
Tom enjoys his birthday/Christmas gift. I joked that I think it would have to be Lucy's birthday/Christmas gift too!
But with all that excitement... this is really what the whole trip was all about!

















1 comment:
What a great trip! Can I come after Carol's turn?
Post a Comment